Sunday, November 13, 2011

Adobe Drive 3 - a hint of the future?

I suppose this post is really for CS5 users. While I’m only testing CS5 on my personal machine – our organization has no immediate plans to upgrade form CS4 to CS5 anytime soon -- what little I’ve learned so far leads me to the tentative conclusion that this is little tool is worth a serious look.

Two caveats right up front:

1. As I said, this is for CS5 users only
2. This only seems to work if your image library sits in a box with a url

If you answer yes to both of these then Adobe Drive is something that, on the face of it, appears to solve at least a couple of issues: versioning and offline work.

One has to wonder if Adobe is angling to provide something resembling a full blown DAM but without the horrendous cost.

For more information you can stop by Adobe TV and check out the handy little intro tutorial by Terry White: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-evangelists-terry-white/adobe-drive-3/

Drive 3 appears to be free - for a download: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobedrive.html


No comments:

Post a Comment